Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Salt Block Blog...




I had a passionate love once for iodized table salt that extended far past the limits of any love I thought I was able to attain. Once I realized how unhealthy our attraction was, I found another lover: Himalayan pink salt. Now I'm finding that for higher mineral content I need to dump the pink salt and get with the grey salt. While I will be grabbing up some French grey salts, I won't forget my pink lover, for pink still has a higher mineral profile and still maintains those benefits. Some would say that pink salt is a bit hyped, but anything that beautiful has to have some wonderful energy behind it.

Before i go on, you can check this site out to see the lovely salt blocks that I fell in love with some time ago, and I'll show you my own, with its own special patina to it, since I've had it for some time.


http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/Himalayan-Pink-Salt-Blocks


Knowing that the discovery of the salt mines dates back to the 4th century, and that salt was used to trade among countries (hence The term salary), I thought I would post this lovely historical tidbit. Awesome site.


https://www.bespokepost.com/the-post/salt-block-the-history


I also just found out that it's the root word of salad, because they used to salt their lettuce, and sausage. I think you can figure that one out.


http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si_HistoryOfSalt.asp


So there you have it. This is verification of my love for the block. Salt blocks can definitely be used in a multitude of ways, but I think I am enjoying the idea of serving on the plate more than anything. And I
can see myself making salads in my salt bowl that is arriving very soon, although I'd like to own a salt bowl as an elegant salt cellar too. The energy of having these salts around in your kitchen is unbeatable. I actually heated and cooked eggs on the block. But mostly I use it to salt my vegetables and fish. For dinner, I had
over salted some fish by leaving it too long on the block and ended up using the fish for flavoring my rice bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment