Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grainless Wonder.

I realize this post is a retrospective, considering how I experiment with food, and how food changes me and my impulses toward things. At the time of my decision to type about the wonders of not eating grains, I was feeling the moment as being very specific to my leaning out goals. But come on Connie, who wants to go to holistic sessions to focus on weight? You go for the deeper, more pertinent goals right? Well when the calling is right motivation to focus on a physical pursuit, we realize that nourishment is part of the body, our groundedness, and the experience of our souls on earth plane. Having said that, if the goal is to radiate greater health and vitality through food choices, then this was the correct motivation.

After my spiritual pat on the back, I have myself the go ahead to have another bowl of soup and work out the logistics of offering my body a grain-free paradigm for a few weeks. 

I was up for the challenge of finding myself looking for soulful and yummy vegetables that would satisfy me while offering enough nutrition. I ate greens and potatoes, a variety of veggies, lots of onions and fruits, using bananas and apples and cherries as part of that carb content. 

But the more I did this, the hungrier I was. I increased my proteins and sucked it up. I ate warrior style during the daytime, eating very little fruit, nuts and seeds until dinner time, which was after working out, which consisted of the heaviest fishes cooked in coconut oil or butter. There were moments where I did too much compensating, but that is of course the pathway one takes when consuming a warrior profile. I was beginning to take it personally, that food was becoming less manageable, until I ended up wallowing in a sugary fiesta come Vegas at the beginning of June, which apparently destroyed my workout. How that day could continue to mess with my intake, I'll never know...

At this moment, I'm currently exercising the possibility that bringing SOME of the carbs in was a good idea, but is mostly just connected to mom and my upbringing with the fork. Those dieting patterns are tough to break out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment